Vanity Island Magazine values our customers and respects your privacy. We collect information about you through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience, as well as communicate with you about our products, services and promotions. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties as described in this policy, we may under certain circumstances share your information among third parties that provide services on our behalf or with whom we have partnered to offer a particular product or service.
By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies please contact us via the contact information below. By using our website and/or providing information to us, you consent to this policy.
Personal information we may collect
We generally collect your personal information directly from you. For example when you subscribe to the mailing list, enter details to complete your online transaction, complete surveys, enter promotions etc... generally the type of personal information we collect about you includes your name, e-mail address, and phone numbers, age, gender etc… if you do not give this information, we may not be able to provide goods or services to you.
Further when you visit our websites, we may collect more information about your visits, website activity and record the following information for statistical purposes:
- your ISP server address
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the name of the web page directing you
- the type of browser you are using
- your clicks and activity on our site
How we may use your personal information
VANITY ISLAND MAGAZINE collects personal information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you and to send you information by text, email, postal mail or other means about our products, services and promotions or the products and services of others, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- to administer and fulfill our promotions
- to help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- to help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- to enhance your shopping experience
- to analyse trends and statistics
- to protect the security or integrity of our website and our business
- to contact you if necessary
However, these emails and texts will always include an ‘unsubscribe’ facility, please see the section below called ‘can i make choices about receiving promotional communications?’
How we may disclose your personal information.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- in the unlikely event of an investigation, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect our logs and records.
- with our service providers who manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our customers etc. we do not authorise these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information
- when we team up with another company to offer or provide products, services or promotions to our customers
- to conform to legal requirements (including, but not limited to, requirements in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or government request) or comply with legal process, or to help maintain the law
- to protect our rights or property or those of our related companies
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to act in the interest of our, or our related companies, customers or others.
Can I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
VANITY ISLAND MAGAZINE wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers and sales events, you can let us know by contacting our web administration as described in the contact information below. You can choose to opt out of email promotional communications by clicking the ‘manage your subscription’ link in the body of the email.
However please be aware that you may lose any benefits associated with being subscribed to our communication systems if you opt out, without warning.
If contacting our web administration please be sure to include your full name and the email address you used when you registered with or made a purchase from VANITY ISLAND MAGAZINE. If you ask us to remove your name and address from promotional lists, we will maintain your name in a "do not contact" file to ensure that we can honour your request. It may take up to 10 working days to process your email request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from VANITY ISLAND MAGAZINE.
If you change your mind you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by logging into your online account and changing your preferences, by signing up when you visit our website or our stores or when you contact our web administration.
Please note that if you make an online purchase from us, we will continue to confirm your order status and shipment by email. We may also need to contact you via telephone, email or postal mail with questions or information regarding your order.
Our website uses "cookies," which are small data files that are stored on your computer when you visit a website. cookies enable you to shop on our websites and may be used in a variety of ways to enhance or personalise your online browsing and shopping experience.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept it. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to access your account information or make purchases on our websites.
AFFILIATE LINK DISCLOSURE
Vanity Island Magazine offers sponsored guest posts and participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased or content through our links to retailer sites or directly from brand partners.
As part of the vanityislandmagazine.com website, we provide you with carefully curated recommendations for products that we love and think you will love too. We are making this Affiliate Compensation Disclosure available to you for the purpose of disclosing Vanity Island Magazine (“Vanity Island”, “us”, “we”) financial relationships with certain affiliates, advertisers, sponsors, and other parties that appear on the Vanity Island website at vanityislandmagazine.com, including any mobile versions of our website, and our social media channels (collectively, “Site”).
The most important thing to us is the trust we have from our readers. Therefore, we want to inform you that sometimes, Vanity Island Magazine sells and thus receives monetary and other forms compensation from affiliates for various advertising, sponsorships, insertion orders and promotional campaigns that we feature on the Site. In other words, sometimes there is a paid connection between a product or service mentioned, reviewed or recommended on this Site and the affiliate (i.e., the owner of that third party product or service). If you ultimately decide to purchase a product or service mentioned on the Site, Vanity Island Magazine may receive additional compensation from that purchase from the affiliate.
Further, the Site posts or otherwise promotes content, including editorial content, which may feature third party products and services (the “Affiliate Products”) and which may link to third party owned and operated web sites where you can purchase Affiliate Products. Any time that you click on a link to an Affiliate’s Product on the Site and then follow the link to purchase an Affiliate Product on the affiliate’s web site, Vanity Island Magazine will receive compensation from the affiliate offering the Affiliate Product. The content featuring Affiliate Product(s) may not always be identified on the Site as paid or sponsored content and the compensation that we receive from affiliates may influence what content, topics or posts we make on the Site and where they are posted.
Even though we may receive compensation in connection with our feature of certain products or services and/or your purchase of Affiliate Products as outlined in this Affiliate Compensation Disclosure, we still endeavor to provide our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, and experiences as they relate to the products and services that are featured on the Site.
Our Affiliates include:
- Commission Factory: https://www.commissionfactory.com/privacy-policy
- Shopstyle Collective: https://www.shopstyle.com/privacy
We may review this policy from time to time and will notify you of any changes by posting an updated version on this page.
How to contact us